Kaskey Park is free and open to the public.
All year round, from dawn to dusk.
Our address is 433 S. University Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
Kaskey Park is nestled between buildings on the southwestern edge of the University of Pennsylvania Campus. Goddard and Richards Laboratories are to the north, Leidy Laboratories, the Levin Building and Lynch Laboratories on the west and Anatomy Chemistry Building on the east.
Public Transit: Buses 30, 42 and Lucy routes to University Ave. & Veterans Hospital; bus 40 to Spruce & 38th St; or trolleys 11, 13, 34, and 36 to 37th St.
Bicycle: Racks are located on University Avenue between the Levin Building and Leidy Laboratories, In between Richards and Goddard, and at the west end of Hamilton Walk across from Leidy Labs.
Automobile: Street parking and public Penn garages are available. The closest garages are located at 3600 Civic Center Boulevard and the corner of 38th Street and Walnut Street.
Park Etiquette & Rules
Please help us maintain the park and preserve it for the enjoyment of all by abiding by the following rules:
- Be courteous to all.
- Stay on pathways and grass.
- Leave flowers, plants, seeds, and fruit for all to enjoy.
- Throw away trash, do not litter.
- Walk bikes, scooters, and other means of transport through the park.
- Keep pets on leash and clean up after them.
- Picnic on the lawns and at tables. Groups should consider reserving the Picnic Area via our website. https://kaskeypark.bio.upenn.edu/garden-rental/
- Adhere to all University of Pennsylvania campus rules.
Please do not…
- Walk in or cut through the garden beds.
- Weed or pull up plants, there is staff which maintains the park.
- Graffiti or otherwise damage the park or it’s property.
- Use trees to lock up or support bicycles and scooters. Bike racks are located north of Leidy Labs, west of Levin Building, and east of Goddard Laboratories.
- Set up slacklines or hammocks, which can damage trees.
- Use tobacco products, the University of Pennsylvania is a tobacco-free campus. https://www.hr.upenn.edu/policies-and-procedures/policy-manual/other-policies/tobacco-free-campus
For your safety…
- Do not walk over ropes, chains, fences, or other barriers.
- Do not enter the pond or climb on the waterfall.
- Do not climb trees.
- Do not feed or attempt to pet wildlife including fish, turtles, ducks, frogs, and squirrels.
- Supervise children at all times.