We are no longer accepting reservations for the 2021 season.
Please check back in early 2022 for information on next season.
Until then, the picnic area remains open to the public on a first come/first serve basis. Thank you!
The South Lawn Picnic Area is a rustic space at the south end of Kaskey Park available for rent by small groups, up to 40 attendees.
2021 Rental Season: April 1st through October 17th
Groups must adhere to all University and Park events, social distancing, and face covering guidelines including:
– Food is discouraged unless it can be delivered in a responsible manner (ie. grab and go, individual plating, or boxed meals. No self serve buffets).
– Face coverings are mandatory for all attendees, regardless of vaccination status, and must be worn at all times except when actively eating or drinking.
– Groups with over 20 attendees are expected to use both the Picnic Area and adjacent South Lawn in order to properly distance.
– Event coordinators should maintain an attendee list, with contact information, in case contact tracing is required.
– Event coordinators must inform attendees of all University COVID-19 protocols and are responsible for enforcement throughout the event.
For the most complete and up to date guidance, visit https://coronavirus.upenn.edu/content/public-health-guidance and https://coronavirus.upenn.edu/announcements.
To make a reservation:
- Read the Rental Agreement for rates, fees, payment procedures, and event logistics information.
- Consult the calendar below to determine availability. (Only one event per day may be scheduled on holiday or weekend dates. )
- Submit a Reservation Request Form.
- Note: The Goddard Breezeway is no longer available for reservation.